- 100g Martry Mill Wholemeal Flour
- 150g plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g wheat bran
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas
- 50g ready-to-eat dried dates (pitted & finely chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 225ml buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats
If you don't fancy dates, swap them with the same amount of blueberries or chocolate chips.
- Sift both flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Stir in the wheat bran and honey.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Peel two bananas and mash into a puree then stir in the dates.
- Beat the egg with the buttermilk and olive oil then add to the dry mixture from step 1 and stir until blended.
- Fold in the banana and date mix.
- Fill each paper case two-thirds full with the mixture.
- Cut the remaining banana into slices and place one on top of each muffin along with a sprinkle of the rolled oats.
- Bake for 20mins until they've risen and are golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire tray to cool slightly and then enjoy!